15 May 2012

The Nightstand (May 6-12)

How to win a culture war and lose a generation (Rachel Held Evans)-- Excellent, excellent essay.  Well written and heartfelt.

America's outdated view of China (Perry Link, WaPo)

Game Over for the Climate (James Hansen, NYT)

Family Way (Judith Warner, NYT)

North Carolina begs the question too (Democracy in America blog, The Economist)

The Mother's Day message I wish I could hear in the Mormon Church (Jana Reiss, RNS)

Gay Marriage Bans May Come at a Price (James B. Stewart, NYT)

Then Comes Marriage (William Saletan, Slate)

Some Thoughts on the War for the Heart and Soul of Mormonism (Jacob, By Common Consent)-- As a Mormon still sporting an Obama sticker in the church parking lot the week after the President came out in favor of same-sex marriage, I am hoping I am not the only one who reads this.

Mormonism and the Dilemma of Tragedy (Rachael Givens, Peculiar People)

Do As I Do, Not As I Say (T.M. Luhrmann, NYT)

Mormonism and Public Discourse on Religion (Susanna Morrill, Peculiar People)

How Wall Street Killed Financial Reform (Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone)-- I love Taibbi's reporting in RS, even if it depresses the hell out of me.

Can the Colleges Be Saved? (Anthony Grafton, NYRB)

No comments:

Post a Comment