03 June 2011

Open Letter/Prayer of Thanksgiving to MTV and the Makers of "16 and Pregnant"

Dear MTV and the Directors/Producers of "16 and Pregnant":

I just saw this week's episode, featuring a young couple from Draper, Utah who found themselves pregnant during high school.  Thank you for the fact that she was not Mormon.  I know, its silly and naive to think that this same sort of thing does not happen to Mormons both in and outside of Utah; of course it does.  But you helped me avoid an unfortunate piece of my religious culture that I would rather ignore for the time being.  Also, thanks for the fact that she attended a Catholic high school and so was not surrounded by a bunch of judgmental Mormon youth and their parents.  That was helpful (for me) too.

That is all.  In the name of Lady Gaga, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment